App Name: SD Maid Pro – System Cleaning Tool
Package Name: eu.thedarken.sdm
Requirements: Varies with device
File Size: 4.1 MB
This is a powerful tool! Use at own risk!
Nobody is perfect and Android neither.
Apps you have already deleted, sometimes leave data behind.
The system constantly creates logs, crash reports and debug files you don’t really need.
Your SD-card is collecting files and directories you don’t recognize.
Lets not go on here…
Why not get a maid to clean it all up?
SD Maid will help you keep your device neat, clean and tidy
Give it a try, you won’t find a more thorough cleaning tool!
Choose a tab, press start and then either click a single item to delete or press the clean all button. It’s just that easy.
There are various features available:
- Explorer is a full fledged filemanager, use it to crawl through your Androids files.
- You can use the Searcher if you know what file you are looking for.
- The CorpseFinder searches your device for orphaned items and compares those to the list of installed applications.
- AppControl lets you freeze, reset and remove applications (even system apps).
- The SystemCleaner scans your device and filters directories which contain unnecessary files. You an even create your own filters!
- You can optimize and shrink bloated databases to speed up access and free space.
- View your biggest files and find out what is hogging all the space.
- Find files that have been modified in the last X minutes.
- And more…
A few additional features as well as comfort and convenience functions can be unlocked by buying and installing the unlocker (SD Maid Pro).
SD Maid is constantly being developed and designed very carefully.
Due to the vast amount of Android devices SD Maid might not work perfectly on your device, in that case I would appreciate it if you give me a chance to fix it by contacting me.
If you have questions or concerns send me a mail (email@example.com). I usually respond quite quickly and will happily help you out.
Obtaining SD Maid from unofficial sources puts your device at risk.
A big thanks goes out to all the beta testers @ _http://sdmaid.darken.eu/beta who helped me improve SD Maid v3.
I would also like to thank all the volunteers @ _http://sdmaid.darken.eu/translation that made SD Maid accessible to non english speaking users by translating it.
An unfinished help document is avaiable here:
– Added: Mechanism to manually update the ClutterDB.
– Improved Clutter DB.
– Improved: Translations.
– Improved: Checks to ensure database correctness.
– Improved: Fixed a few possible multithreading issues when people browse the settings while SD Maid is running.
– Improved: Debugging capabilities for 5.0 storage framework issues.
– Improved: Updated ACRA crash tracking.
– Fixed: SD Maid not drinking coffee on Lollipop!!
– Changed: When/Which debug output gets printed into logs.
– Changed: Settings arrangement.
– Changed: Simplified update check.
– Changed: Updated connection details for new crash tracking
– Removed: Page fading animation on <4.0.
– Removed: Warning dialog before entering advanced settings, was really annoying, read what it does and we don’t need it, hmkay?
– Changed: CPU details.
– Changed: Layout of the partition overview.
– Changed: Progress feedback when entering folders.
– Fixed: CAB items not updating correctly after unselecting entries (Ty @ MikeL).
– Fixed: List jumping when killing apps while filtering.
– Fixed: IsDirectory checkbox toggeling “user-readable”.
– Changed: Default cache matchign is now caseinsentive.
– Fixed: Setting value text for “cache age” being initially invisible.