|App Name||SD Maid Pro – System Cleaning Tool|
|Requirements||Varies with device|
This is a powerful tool! Use at own risk!
Nobody is perfect and Android neither.
Apps you have already deleted, sometimes leave data behind.
The system constantly creates logs, crash reports and debug files you don’t really need.
Your SD-card is collecting files and directories you don’t recognize.
Lets not go on here…
Why not get a maid to clean it all up?
SD Maid will help you keep your device neat, clean and tidy
Give it a try, you won’t find a more thorough cleaning tool!
Choose a tab, press start and then either click a single item to delete or press the clean all button. It’s just that easy.
There are various features available:
- Explorer is a full fledged filemanager, use it to crawl through your Androids files.
- You can use the Searcher if you know what file you are looking for.
- The CorpseFinder searches your device for orphaned items and compares those to the list of installed applications.
- AppControl lets you freeze, reset and remove applications (even system apps).
- The SystemCleaner scans your device and filters directories which contain unnecessary files. You an even create your own filters!
- You can optimize and shrink bloated databases to speed up access and free space.
- View your biggest files and find out what is hogging all the space.
- Find files that have been modified in the last X minutes.
- And more…
A few additional features as well as comfort and convenience functions can be unlocked by buying and installing the unlocker (SD Maid Pro).
SD Maid is constantly being developed and designed very carefully.
Due to the vast amount of Android devices SD Maid might not work perfectly on your device, in that case I would appreciate it if you give me a chance to fix it by contacting me.
If you have questions or concerns send me a mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). I usually respond quite quickly and will happily help you out.
Obtaining SD Maid from unofficial sources puts your device at risk.
A big thanks goes out to all the beta testers @ _http://sdmaid.darken.eu/beta who helped me improve SD Maid v3.
I would also like to thank all the volunteers @ _http://sdmaid.darken.eu/translation that made SD Maid accessible to non english speaking users by translating it.
An unfinished help document is avaiable here:
– Improved: Updated database
– Improved: Updated hiddencache database
– Improved: Added “fast scroll” for all most ListViews (this was long overdue, sorry)
– Improved: Rewrote deletion logic, should now be smarter and pick a successful deletion method on first try
– Improved: Filesystem writeability detection
– Improved: Deletions are no longer marked as failed if the file failed to delete, but actually no longer exists (AppCleaner/SystemCleaner concurrency issue)
– Added: Support for writing to secondary storage on Android 5.0 without root (Thanks to Paul W. for doing some early tests)
– Fixed: Not being able to return to SD Maid directly through the unlockers button (Backstack: SDM->GPlay->Unlocker->SDM)
– Fixed: Files being removed from the UI although deletion failed
– Improved: Inconsistent Button layout, adapted slightly to material guidelines
– Improved: Storage related UI elements and information
– Improved: Detection logic whether write access is available
– Added: Bottombar info when filesystem is “Read-Only”
– Added: File & Directory creation on secondary storages on Android 5.0 without root
– Added: Tapping the app icon now opens the native app details window
– Improved: Detection of “.external.” prefixed symlinks in private data storage
– Added: Displays a little lock icon for each item that could not be deleted
– Added: Filter for /data/local/tmp (by default off) (was previously hidden by experimental flag)
– Added: Filter for album cover images (by default off)
– Added: Filters containing items that failed to be deleted now display a little lock icon
– Fixed: ANR filter for newer devices
– Added: Apps that contain files that couldn’t be deleted now display a little lock icon
– Added: Clones that failed to delete now display a little lock icon
– Added: Databases that have been found but can’t be accessed now display a little lock icon too