Details of ProCamera 1.050
App Name: ProCamera
Package ID: com.breakpoint.procamera
Requirements: Android 4.0.3 and up
File Size: 858 KB
Some users have app crashes at launch. These next versions will attempt to locate and resolve those issues.
Note: Changes to location services in app require restarting the app to take effect. To be fixed in a later version.
tempohari.com – ProCamera gives you a fully functional stills camera application optimized for Samsung devices. Created with picture quality and minimal processing in mind.
→ For phones with Android 6+ Marshmallow, please see note below
Most phones do not yet support Google’s Camera2 API, and thus can only save compressed JPEG files. In addition, most devices use artificial edge-sharpening and noise reduction algorithms which further reduce the quality the resulting pictures by adding halos around high-contrast areas and an oil painting appearance to highly detailed areas.
This app disabled all those enhancements. JPEG quality is set to 100, artificial sharpening/edge enhancements are disabled, picture resolution is set to maximum and noise reduction is also disabled (but can be enabled in the app) thus retaining more natural film grain.
• Selectable Histogram modes: Luma, RGB or both.
• Selectable ISO modes.
• Adjustable Exposure (not supported in all ISO modes, device dependant).
• Defeatable built-in sensor noise-reduction.
• Selectable Focus modes: Continuous AutoFocus or Touch to Focus.
• Orientation sensor updates Exif tag, can be locked.
• Shake detection.
• GPS data added to Exif tag.
No Twitter, Google+ or facebook integration.
No fisheye, cartoon or sepia filters.
* Due to the use of undocumented system calls, device compatibility CANNOT be guaranteed. The application may crash and/or some features me have no effect.
Please try “ProCamera Lite” for free before buying:
The app has been tested successfully on Samsung devices running ICS 4.0.2 and up. It may also work on a wider range of devices using CyanogenMod 9 and up.
* Pictures taken without noise reduction enabled may require retouching using an external app, especially with higher ISO settings. Processing on a PC can achieve far better results than the limited processing used in smartphones and tablets.
* Note: For devices using Marshmallow, a new permissions scheme has been added which this application does not yet fully support. As such, it will crash on launch.
You must go into Settings -> Applications -> ProCamera -> Permissions and manually enable the permissions the app requires.
Soon to be fixed.
More Info for ProCamera 1.050